Crocheting is not that hard. After all, you only have one needle in your hand and not two. It takes a while to get the hang of it, but then it really is not rocket science! A few basic terms and techniques I have filmed and texted for you. I would also like to provide you with the basics on this page.
In this case, it’s about the first loops:
- You take the short end of the thread and hold it tightly between thumb and index finger.
- Now you roll the yarn, so to speak, around both your index and middle finger.
- Hold the long end of the thread between your thumb and index finger as well.
- Next, you roll the yarn halfway around both fingers once again and place the second loop behind the first one.
- Now take your crochet hook to go under the first loop and pull the second one under it.
- Afterwards, pull both your fingers out of the loop.
- Pull both ends of the thread to create a knot.
- You can tighten the knot with the help of the long thread.